Global Peatlands Initiative: Increasing your research funding success
This interactive course organised by the Global Peatlands Initiative will give you an opportunity to meet other peatland researchers, and get tips on writing successful funding bids on 17 December from 10:30 – 13:30 CET. The course is relevant for researchers at any career stage, working in peatlands anywhere in the world, however there will be a focus on applied research that could generate impact, and on tools to enable you to co-produce successful grant proposals with stakeholders.
- Learn about the review process and get inside tips from a research who has sat on many funding panels
- Share your own tips and get advice from researchers who have reviewed proposals and sat on panels for funders around the world
- Learn about time-saving bid writing tools that will enable you to identify and engage stakeholders effectively in the co-production of a competitive proposal
- Discuss example proposals in break-out rooms with colleagues to apply what you have learned and distill good practice lessons
- Get a free PDF copy of Professor Mark Reed’s book, The Research Impact Handbook
- Have an opportunity to join the Global Peatland Initiative’s Research Working Group and find out first about future free training events
The trainer is available to answer questions and assist you after the course.