- This event has passed.
The use of fire as a land management tool
17 May @ 16:00 - 19:00
This project aims to make available to those interested, an exchange of experiences and knowledge about the importance and possibility of using fire as another tool for land management. Throughout the two scheduled webinars, and by the hand of different professionals, researchers and people who lead this type of project, as well as its planning and development, it is intended to expose the current situation of forest fires and delve into the possibilities of prescribed burning and fire management as one more tool to include in land management and in the management of such kind of emergencies. The objective is to sensitize the communities and owners about their existence, their characteristics and their possibilities, as well as to consider the local needs, the ecosystem, culture, science and technology, to create and develop synergies and common work models. The different talks included in each of the webinars are:
May 17, 2023 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Presence of fire in the landscape and current scenario (Raúl Quílez).
• Ecological role of fire. Plant communities and adaptations (Asier Larrañaga).
• Cultural and traditional use of fire and integration into the landscape (J.L Duce and Andrea Bustos).
May 29, 2023 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• What is a prescribed burning and techniques (Juan Caamaño).
• Examples of use of prescribed burning and applications (Pepe Almodóvar).
• Use of legislative tools as an opportunity to reconcile interests in the prevention of forest fires (Jorge García).
Attendance to the webinars is free, but it is necessary to fill out this form to control interested persons and/or entities and to receive the assistance link to it (it will be the same link for both webinars, being able to attend one or both). They will be in the local language, that is, in Spanish. This is a collaborative project between LIFE, The Nature Conservancy and the Pau Costa Foundation.