Tour du Valat looking for an Ambassador for Mediterranean Wetlands
Eurosite member Tour du Valat, a research institute based in the Camargue,
is looking for a volunteer ambassador for the Observatory of Mediterranean Wetlands to help the institute’s mission to conserve Mediterranean wetlands. As an ambassador you will help to spread the message about the importance and value these wetlands fulfil.
The ambassador will participate in the general activities of the observatory, which aims to analyse the state and trends of Mediterranean wetlands, their biodiversity, the goods and services they provide, the environmental factors that explain these trends, as well as to promote effective decision-making for the protection, restoration and sustainable use of wetlands.
By joining the team, among other things you will participate in the
– Reflecting on and developing indicators for monitoring wetlands and
– The production of bibliographical summaries on certain key subjects
for the Observatory
– The support of the network of partners in the Mediterranean
– Preparing awareness events for the general public and decision makers
– Opportunities to participate in field activities carried out by other
You will also have the opportunity to participate in the World Conservation
Congress of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, which
will be held in Marseille from January 7-15 2021.
To apply, you must:
- Have a motivation for ecology
- Love teamwork
- Have good interpersonal and listening skills
- Be autonomous, rigorous and know how to adapt
- Speak French fluently
- Location: Tour du Valat, Institut de recherche pour la conservation des zones humides méditerranéennes, Le Sambuc – 13200 Arles – France
- Duration: 8 months
- Start of the appointment: 1 September 2020
- Hours: 35 per week
- Compensation: according to civic service regulations
- Possibility for on-site shared accommodation (66.7 euros per month), catering for Lunch (3 euros per meal)
- Living in a shared flat far from bars and supermarkets, but at the heart of an exceptional natural area.
How to apply:
The deadline for applications is 20 August 2020. CV and motivation letter can be sent in through the Civic Service website.