French Biodiversity Agency (France)
The French Biodiversity Agency (l’Agence française pour la biodiversité) is a public institution that is part of the Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition. It carries out missions in support of public policies in the field of nature conservation, with regards to the management and restoration of biodiversity in terrestrial, aquatic and marine environments. In addition, the French Biodiversity Agency aims to reach out to the public in order to sensitise citizens with regards to local biodiversity and Natura 2000 sites.
· Organize and develop knowledge;
· Support the implementation of public policies related to biodiversity;
· Manage protected areas and support other managers;
· Provide advice and expertise to socio-professional actors;
· Provide financial support for partnership actions;
· Mobilize and raise awareness;
· Provide professional training;
· Verifying compliance with regulations on the protection of biodiversity.
Visit the Agency’s website (in French).