Eurosite News | 17.10. 2022
Eurosite member Tour du Valat, a research institute for conserving Mediterranean wetlands, and IDDRI, a think tank facilitating the transition towards sustainable development, are organising a webinar on 19 October in preparation for the next Ramsar COP 14 (Wuhan and Geneva, November 5-13).
The webinar aims to explore how to better achieve synergies across global biodiversity/climate and water agendas, taking the opportunity of the major international events upcoming in the following months on wetlands (Ramsar COP 14) and biodiversity (CBD COP15), climate (UN FCCC COP27) and water (UN 2023 Water Conference).
- Dr Musonda Mumba, Secretary General of the Ramsar Convention
- Dr Wu Zhimin, Director General, Department of Wetland Management, National Forestry and Grassland Administration, China
- Virginie Dumoulin, Permanent Member of the IGEDD at the French Ministry of the Environment
- Jane Madgwick, CEO of Wetlands International
- Hugo Ferreira, European regional representative in Youth Engaged in Wetlands
- Line Rochefort, Professor at Laval University, Québec, Canada
- Nina Mikander, Senior Specialist, Biodiversity at Ministry of the Environment of Finland
- Anna Dupont, OECD Administrator, Environment Directorate ENV/ETR
- Raphaël Billé, Programme Director, Tour du Valat
- Cyrille Barnerias, European and International Relations Director, French biodiversity agency
- Juliette Landry, Research Fellow, International biodiversity governance, IDDRI