- 16 semaines 2 jours ago
Eurosite is offering a six-month, full-time (or near full-time) internship at Eurosite's Secretariat in Tilburg, the Netherlands. The internship is unpaid, but Eurosite will provide a reasonable monthly allowance to assist with basic living costs and / or travel expenses.
- 1 semaine 1 jour ago
For the first time in Europe, a wide range of public and private organisations and people from around the world will meet in Barcelona to talk about Land Stewardship at the first European Congress of Land Stewardship. They will discuss ideas and exchange experiences and knowledge in order to suggest directions and proposals for the future of land stewardship in Europe.
- Reconciling economic development with environmental preservation - one of Janez Potočnik's biggest achievements1 semaine 1 jour ago
In an exclusive interview with viEUws, Janez Potočnik looks back at his biggest achievements as European Commissioner for the Environment – which include reconciling economic development with environmental preservation – and discusses the challenges facing his successor Karmenu Vella.
- 2 semaines 1 jour ago
- 3 semaines 1 jour ago
The LIFE Monitoring Team has published a thematic report on marine-related LIFE projects. Subtitled ‘The future of Europe’s seas’, the 116-page study analyses the LIFE programme’s contribution to protecting and improving the marine environment.
- Eurosite Sustainable Wildlife Management workshop: integrating hunting practices with nature conservation planningEvent:28/10/2014 - 30/10/2014
- About the workshop:
Eurosite, along with hosts Natural England and in collaboration with the Hunting Federation of Macedonia & Thrace and Metsähallitus Natural Heritage Services, is holding a workshop about the integration of hunting practices with sustainable nature conservation management planning. The workshop will provide a platform for site managers, hunters and hunting organisations, policy makers and other key stakeholders such as farmers and landowners, to come together to share knowledge, experiences and best practice case studies.
- About the workshop:
- Event:10/11/2014 - 23/12/2014
Land stewardship is a strategy that involves landowners and users in the conservation of nature and landscape, with support from a wide range of civil society groups. Land stewardship is developed through specific tools and practices, such as land stewardship agreements, alliances, funding and communication tools, which in some cases require specific knowledge and skills.
- The IUCN World Parks Congress 2014 is a landmark global forum on protected areas. The Congress will share knowledge and innovation, setting the agenda for protected areas conservation for the decade to come. Building on the theme "Parks, people, planet: inspiring solutions", it will present, discuss and create original approaches for conservation and development, helping to address the gap in the conservation and sustainable development agenda.Event:12/11/2014 - 19/11/2014
- Event:25/11/2014 - 26/11/2014
This workshop is being organised by the combined Eurosite and EUROPARC Federation working group. At the workshop, we will present examples of organisations that have increased their funding and gained public support by utilising ecosystem services in their protected areas. Through a series of moderated work sessions participants will reflect on how to make ecosystem services work for their own situation.
- Eurosite Creating a Climate for Change workshop: adapting to and mitigating the effects of climate changeEvent:09/12/2014 - 11/12/2014
Full workshop title: Creating a Climate for Change: Working internationally with nature to adapt to and mitigate the effects of climate change for the benefit of human wellbeing
Currently global climate change threatens biodiversity in Europe and the objectives of the 2020 biodiversity strategy.