Euro-Site-Member | Network news
Euro-Site-Manager | Insight Brussels Reports on EU level developments regarding the Birds and Habitats Directives, Natura 2000 the CAP and other relevant themes, including climate change, and funding opportunities.
You can find issues of our Euro-Site-Manager newsletter here.
Euro-Site-Member | Network news Delivers information on the activities of the network and natural site management developments in general. Focus is given to natural site management tools and guidance for European site managers.
- 2 years 35 weeks agoAn international Eurosite workshop on Adaptive Site Management was held in Doorn, in the Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park, in the heart of the Netherlands, from 13 to 15 December 2011. Co-hosted by Eurosite members Staatsbosbeheer, Natuurmonumenten, De12Landschappen and the Conservation Management System Consortium (United Kingdom), 36 nature conservation professionals, project leaders and specialist IT staff from 12 countries across Europe participated.
- 3 years 2 weeks ago
Eurosite is offering a six-month, full-time (or near full-time) internship within its Secretariat office based in Den Bosch, the Netherlands. The internship is unpaid, but Eurosite will provide a reasonable monthly allowance to assist with basic living costs and/ or travel expenses.
- Eurosite workshop on adaptive management planning software tools and practices - 13 - 15 December - register now!2 years 43 weeks agoThe aim of this workshop is to demonstrate and discuss ways to practice adaptive site management by comparing and sharing experiences with tools, techniques and approaches currently being applied and developed on sites across Europe.
For more information and the registration form, please visit http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/eurosite-workshop-%E2%80%93-adapti...
- Eurosite & EUROPARC event: European Integrated Site Management Seminar - 16 & 17 November - register now!2 years 43 weeks ago
Learn about integrated management approaches which can help nature conservation organisations!
This seminar will increase awareness and develop understanding about forms of outsourcing available and currently working. It will provide an important opportunity for protected area site managers from around Europe to discuss and compare their needs.
For more information and the registration form, please visit http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/eurosite-europarc-event-european-e...
- 2 years 48 weeks agoThe Annual Meeting Powerpoint presentations are now available on the dedicated Annual Meeting webpage. Please visit: http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/eurosite-annual-meeting-2011-marke...
- 2 years 50 weeks agoIn the early nineties, a grant from the Environment Directorate-General made it possible to ‘kick start’ the CMS concept. During the evening reception of the Eurosite Annual Meeting 2011, the new version called CMSi was launched in the presence of Mr Stefan Leiner, Head of DG Environment’s Natura 2000 unit.
- 3 years 10 weeks agoFor more information and the registration form, please visit http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/eurosite-annual-meeting-2011-marke...
- 3 years 10 weeks agoFor more information and to register, please visit http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/2nd-eurosite-marine-protected-area...
- 3 years 11 weeks ago
From 23 to 26 May 2011 Dutch Eurosite member Staatsbosbeheer hosted a visit of ten members of the COFREEN project from Finland, Estonia and Latvia. The COFREEN project is developing concepts for alternative use of reed – i.e. for bio-energy and as building materials.
- 3 years 12 weeks ago
The British Trust for Conservation Volunteers has an annual award scheme for volunteers called ‘Green Heroes’. As this year is 'European year of Volunteering' BTCV has a special category of ‘European Volunteer of the Year’ opened up to members of the Conservation Volunteers Alliance, Eurosite and EUROPARC. Members of these networks can nominate their volunteers for this special award.