Eurosite Annual Conference, Scotland, 13-16 September 2010
POUR VOIR CE MESSAGE EN FRANCAIS: http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/conf%C3%A9rence-annuelle-eurosite-...
The Eurosite Annual Conference took place 13-16 September 2010 (also an election year!) in Scotland. Hosted by Scottish Natural Heritage, this year's annual conference was a UK event supported by Countryside Council for Wales. Here below you can find the speakers' presentations.
• Monday 13th September - arrival of delegates to the Conference venue: Dunblane Hydro Hotel, Dunblane;
• Day 1: Tuesday 14th September – main seminar day (also French translation): The Challenge of Managing Sites in a Changing Environment;
• Day 2: Wednesday 15th September – network business and a choice of 4 field trips;
• Day 3: Thursday 16th September – further on-site learning with a choice of longer field trips, with variable timings to accommodate delegates’ departure schedules.
In this year of international biodiversity, Eurosite is returning to its roots: the focus throughout the Conference has been firmly on the practical challenges of managing sites within increasingly dynamic and changing environments.
• Key note presentations and case studies, focusing on practical site management issues, including:
o Why site networks matter in adapting to climate change;
o The challenges of managing sites in the face of climate change;
o Making links between sites and projects to develop integrated solutions.
• Interactive panel discussions and a ‘pop-up’ session on the Seminar Day, 14th September
• A total of eight site visits, from which members could choose, confirming the value of learning ‘in the field’ for Eurosite members.
The speakers' presentations: