Euro-Site-Member | Network news
Euro-Site-Manager | Insight Brussels Reports on EU level developments regarding the Birds and Habitats Directives, Natura 2000 the CAP and other relevant themes, including climate change, and funding opportunities.
You can find issues of our Euro-Site-Manager newsletter here.
Euro-Site-Member | Network news Delivers information on the activities of the network and natural site management developments in general. Focus is given to natural site management tools and guidance for European site managers.
- vor 1 Jahr 5 WochenNext to nature conservation, health benefits and local economy impacts, protected areas hold spiritual and holy values. These values are dealt with in the new book The Diversity of Sacred Lands in Europe.
- vor 1 Jahr 14 Wochen
MAIA is a European project, financed by the Interreg IV B Atlantic Area programme under priority 2 - “protect, secure and enhance the marine and coastal environment sustainability.” MAIA gathers 9 partners involved in MPA designation and management within the United Kingdom, France, Spain and Portugal. The purpose of MAIA is to create a network of MPA managers and stakeholders which will take initiatives on an international level in terms of designation, governance and management as well as being involved in the development of a consistent, efficient and accepted network of Marine Protected Areas within the Atlantic Arc.
- Finnish Eurosite member Metsähallitus received special award for designing facitities for outdoor activitiesvor 1 Jahr 16 WochenOn 16th January at the annual Finnish Sports Gala in Helsinki, Metsähallitus was granted a special award for designing facilities that encourage people to enjoy outdoor activities in natural settings across Finland. Metsähallitus provides and maintains free facilities that make it easy for visitors to Finland’s national parks and other beautiful natural areas to get out into the wilds. These facilities include attractive visitor centres, websites with useful practical information, and trails totalling 6,738 km – almost six times the length of Finland.
- vor 1 Jahr 17 WochenDear colleague,
We are 5 European conservation organisations starting LANDLIFE a 2011-14 LIFE+ Information and Communication project to spread the knowledge of land stewardship, and its use for involving citizens, landowners and users, NGOs and local groups in nature conservation in Europe.
- vor 1 Jahr 21 WochenAn international Eurosite workshop on Adaptive Site Management was held in Doorn, in the Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park, in the heart of the Netherlands, from 13 to 15 December 2011. Co-hosted by Eurosite members Staatsbosbeheer, Natuurmonumenten, De12Landschappen and the Conservation Management System Consortium (United Kingdom), 36 nature conservation professionals, project leaders and specialist IT staff from 12 countries across Europe participated.
- vor 1 Jahr 40 Wochen
Eurosite is offering a six-month, full-time (or near full-time) internship within its Secretariat office based in Den Bosch, the Netherlands. The internship is unpaid, but Eurosite will provide a reasonable monthly allowance to assist with basic living costs and/ or travel expenses.
- Eurosite workshop on adaptive management planning software tools and practices - 13 - 15 December - register now!vor 1 Jahr 29 WochenThe aim of this workshop is to demonstrate and discuss ways to practice adaptive site management by comparing and sharing experiences with tools, techniques and approaches currently being applied and developed on sites across Europe.
For more information and the registration form, please visit http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/eurosite-workshop-%E2%80%93-adapti...
- Eurosite & EUROPARC event: European Integrated Site Management Seminar - 16 & 17 November - register now!vor 1 Jahr 29 Wochen
Learn about integrated management approaches which can help nature conservation organisations!
This seminar will increase awareness and develop understanding about forms of outsourcing available and currently working. It will provide an important opportunity for protected area site managers from around Europe to discuss and compare their needs.
For more information and the registration form, please visit http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/eurosite-europarc-event-european-e...
- vor 1 Jahr 34 WochenThe Annual Meeting Powerpoint presentations are now available on the dedicated Annual Meeting webpage. Please visit: http://www.eurosite.org/en-UK/content/eurosite-annual-meeting-2011-marke...
- vor 1 Jahr 35 WochenIn the early nineties, a grant from the Environment Directorate-General made it possible to ‘kick start’ the CMS concept. During the evening reception of the Eurosite Annual Meeting 2011, the new version called CMSi was launched in the presence of Mr Stefan Leiner, Head of DG Environment’s Natura 2000 unit.