- 1 hour 25 min ago
- 17 weeks 2 days ago
Eurosite is offering a six-month, full-time (or near full-time) internship at Eurosite's Secretariat in Tilburg, the Netherlands. The internship is unpaid, but Eurosite will provide a reasonable monthly allowance to assist with basic living costs and / or travel expenses.
- 2 days 20 hours ago
During the election of the new European Commission the Green 10, an alliance of 10 of the largest environmental NGOs in Europe, has been paying close attention to the process and has been putting pressure on the EC, via a series of open letters, to ensure that the new Commission does not downgrade the importance of the environment.
- 6 days 22 hours ago
Last night the European Council agreed on a deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 40% by 2013, compared with 1990 levels. The deal also includes an agreement to increase the use of renewable energy to 27% of the total energy mix and increase energy efficiency to 27%. The agreement comes ahead of the UN climate change summit in Paris in December 2015, at which it is hoped a globally-binding emissions reduction pact will be signed.
- 1 week 28 min ago
- Event:10/11/2014 - 23/12/2014
Land stewardship is a strategy that involves landowners and users in the conservation of nature and landscape, with support from a wide range of civil society groups. Land stewardship is developed through specific tools and practices, such as land stewardship agreements, alliances, funding and communication tools, which in some cases require specific knowledge and skills.
- The IUCN World Parks Congress 2014 is a landmark global forum on protected areas. The Congress will share knowledge and innovation, setting the agenda for protected areas conservation for the decade to come. Building on the theme "Parks, people, planet: inspiring solutions", it will present, discuss and create original approaches for conservation and development, helping to address the gap in the conservation and sustainable development agenda.Event:12/11/2014 - 19/11/2014
- Event:25/11/2014 - 26/11/2014
This workshop is being organised by the combined Eurosite and EUROPARC Federation working group. At the workshop, we will present examples of organisations that have increased their funding and gained public support by utilising ecosystem services in their protected areas. Through a series of moderated work sessions participants will reflect on how to make ecosystem services work for their own situation.
- Event:27/11/2014 - 28/11/2014
Landscape-scale conservation, ecological restoration, re-wilding, green infrastructure, living cities, ecosystem health, futurescapes, living landscapes, wild land, wider countryside measures: for decades, environmentalists understood that the delivery of environmental ‘goods’ requires work at large spatial scales. They have made the case for, and put their backs into, ambitious schemes that extend beyond protected sites and reserves.
- "Europe at the crossroads: The challenge of environmental sustainability"Event:01/12/2014 - 02/12/2014
On 1-2 December 2014, the European Environmental Bureau will celebrate forty years of environmental action by holding a thought-provoking conference that explores the environmental challenges facing Europe and the wider world in the years ahead and the opportunities for overcoming them.